Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Forum Games Subforum
Forum Games Subforum
Nov 30 2008, 4:46 am
By: Madroc  
Polls
Read OP for description of poll.
Read OP for description of poll.
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
I like this idea 6
 
38%
None.
I dislike this idea 9
 
57%
None.
Undecided 1
 
7%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 16 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Nov 30 2008, 4:46 am Madroc Post #1



I noticed that 3 threads have been closed recently in the null forum that could fit into a "forum games" subforum. This happened to one of my game forums that I created too. What do you think about this idea?

I have started a poll to organize results in an easy to read way. I want YOU to vote.




None.

Nov 30 2008, 4:49 am Corbo Post #2

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Wait... Did YOU vote that you dislike your own idea? lolwut? or who is the other voter?

I don't think this would work, people just need to learn how to make better forum games I guess?



fuck you all

Nov 30 2008, 5:36 am Madroc Post #3



Lol yeah I did

The only forum game that ever succeeded that I know of is the what are you listening to thread.

I just think it would be a fun addition to the site.

Other forums have done it very successfully.

And no, I voted that I like this idea lol




None.

Nov 30 2008, 5:53 am Doodan Post #4



I'm against it. A good forum game or two can be really fun and bring the community together. But a section where anything goes lowers the general IQ of the whole site. Another forum that I used to go to (I was a mod there, too) had a forum game section, and I kid you not, HALF of all posts made on the entire site were from that section. It just looks bad, plain and simple.



None.

Nov 30 2008, 6:02 am BiOAtK Post #5



I think it should not count towards mins/post count, and topics be heavily moderated, as in made sure they're decent games. I think political "games," like Centreri's, would be a good thing to be there. Mind games, Mafia, basically serious games.



None.

Nov 30 2008, 6:02 am Madroc Post #6



I suppose. I think we would all have a fun time posting every once in a while there tho. Or all the time. It would be just terrible if it were popular.
Seriously that wouldn't be bad at ALL for the integrity of the site, at leastimo. I honestly think it would be good to let the people know that we aren't too stuck up.
Dunno, it's not too important.
Edit WOW Sarnath'd by ONE SECOND nice lol
It just seems like it would be a bit of a hassle if we did that. I would still be in favor for it tho.




None.

Nov 30 2008, 6:13 am Moose Post #7

Armor: 90.50%

Sometimes I'm glad I keep this image around:





Nov 30 2008, 6:15 am Madroc Post #8



LOL wtf does that mean



None.

Nov 30 2008, 6:21 am Moose Post #9

Armor: 90.50%

It means that this idea should be killed.
Specifically, with fire.




Nov 30 2008, 6:28 am Madroc Post #10



Lol, gotcha. Man you conservative Easterners tick me off. Mise lock.



None.

Nov 30 2008, 12:48 pm Biophysicist Post #11



If Moose kills this with fire I kill Moose with fire. A forum game section would clear up Null while simultaneously making the site more fun. You can also use the model that they use on forums2.battleon.com: A game must be approved by a mod before it can be played. Kinda of like how Portal News works here.

Plz to not lock?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet